School's Out: Summer bucket list

Tomorrow is the last day of school for the kiddos. I can't believe my little man is going to Kindergarden next year and my little lady finished her first year of preschool! The year flew by and now it is time to plan our summer. This is the first year that the really get the meaning of summer break. They both had a full year (three days a week) of school and now they have the entire summer off to do fun things.

Alexander's Graduation 
My mission this summer is to make it amazing. Below is a list of our summer activities to make it memorable... Lets be realistic, I will call it a win if I make it half way through the list!!







1. Make homemade popsicles. I don't know how many fun popsicles recipes I pinned but I am determined to make at least three different ones. Do freezing otter pops count?! 

2. Go berry picking: I went strawberry picking as kids and loved it. I plan an making jam with the kids. 

3. Out door movie: The area we live in offers outdoor movies in the summer. I have always wanted to go and the kiddos should be old enough to make it through a movie. 

4. Camping with friends. We went last year and they have been talking about it ever since. 

5. Backyard camping. My mom would pitch a tent in the pack yard when I was little (and bring my mattress from my room into the tent) and we would have sleepovers outdoors all the time. I loved it! We plan on having a party with friends where everyone pitches a tent in the back yard.

6. Sleepovers with friends. We had our first sleepover this year and plan on having many more. My kids are officially big kids!

7. Make it to a theme park. We have been planning on making it to Idaho, Coeur d'Alene and Silverwood theme park is in that area. 

8. Dinner picnic at the beach/lake. Pack a picnic (with wine) and let the kids play in the lake. Win/Win.

9. Go boating/canoeing. We went canoeing last year and it was one of my favorite days last summer. 

10. Make it to a baseball game






Comments

Popular Posts